Prior to starting her own law practice, Marlys worked for a large Atlanta and Washington D.C.-based law firm. She has also worked in the capacity of Senior Manager at Deloitte, the West Region Leader and Director of the National Unclaimed Property Compliance Practice at PricewaterhouseCoopers, the Audit Director for Verus Financial in Atlanta and New York, and a member of the State and Local Tax and Business Practice groups of a national law firm. Her unclaimed property experience spans all facets of unclaimed property and audit defense including complex unclaimed property consulting projects for multinational clients in the insurance, high tech, oil and gas, wholesale distribution, manufacturing, retail, pharmaceutical, travel, and healthcare sectors. In addition, Marlys has over 20 years of experience in the fields of Family Law, Divorce, Elder Law, Estate Planning, Unclaimed Property and Taxation.
Education & Court Admissions
Marlys grew up in California, attended and graduated from Golden Gate University School of Law in San Francisco where she received her Doctorate of Jurisprudence Degree in 1996. She then received a Master of Taxation Degree from Golden Gate University in 2000.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia, Elder Law Section
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- American Bar Association, Chair of Taxation
- American Institute of Family Attorneys
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Cobb County Bar Association
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce
- East Cobb Business Association
- Georgia Legal Services
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Lead Counsel Review Board, Certified Divorce Law
- Lead Counsel Review Board, Certified Family Law
- Lead Counsel Review Board, Certified Estate Planning Law
- Legal Management Institute, Cornell University of Law
- Stonewall Bar Association
- State Bar of California
Leadership, Membership & Honors
Marlys Bergstrom is the managing partner and founder of Bergstrom Law, an Atlanta-based law firm. The firm is focused primarily upon Family Law, Divorce, Elder Law, Estate Planning, Social Security Disability, Traffic Law, Criminal Defense Law & Unclaimed Property Audit and Legal Services.